todayJune 7, 2023

By Ojok Robert Mone


Local private companies in Nwoya district are showing interest in registering with Petroleum Authority of Uganda to make them tap business opportunities in the Oil Sector.

It’s a requirement for any contractor or supplier to register with the Petroleum Authority of Uganda in order to benefit from any opportunity in the Oil sector.
Kenneth Bintu, an Enterprise Development Officer with Petroleum Authority of Uganda says that less than thirty, out more the than three thousand companies have so far registered on the platform.

Bintu, advises local suppliers in Nwoya district to establish themselves in an association to counter financial constraints because some contracts or opportunities in the Oil sector require huge capital for investment of which joint venture would be an ideal option for such local companies or local suppliers.   
Hilder Akec the proprietor of the Hill investment in Anaka town council is optimistic that her craft business will now thrive after getting registered with petroleum Authority of Uganda.  Akec, said that she is now left with registering with national social security Fund.

Denis Okot, a honey processor under Malaika honey company based in Koch Lii sub county Nwoya district plans to register soon on the supplier database, hoping of supplying at least 5-tons of honey and other products annually.

Jacob Ojok, the secretary production works and technical services of Nwoya district local government says Nwoya district can supply Agricultural produce to the oil sector. He however challenges the community service, production and marketing to support local produce dealers and investors in the district to make sure they meet the minimum requirements to supply produce like rice, flour, beans, and meat products in the oil and gas sector.    

According to Petroleum Authority of Uganda, businesses for Ugandan companies include personnel, transportation, security, foods and beverages, hotel services, human resources management, office supplies, customs clearance, fuel supply, land surveying, clearing and forwarding, crane hire, and locally available construction materials.

Registration on the national supplier database is done online with requirements like Certificate of incorporation or registration, Tax Clearance Certificate, National Social Security fund clearance certificate, Annual returns and a bank reference letter.

COVER PHOTO: Rojok-Delight Company By Ojok Robert Mone

Share this article

Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook